Management and Service Fee
GOLD / SILVER – Annual Service Fees:
|Total Account Value *|
|Institutional Investors & UHNW – please contact us||Gold||Silver|
|CHF 12,000,000 – CHF 25,000,000||0.65% p.a.||0.85% p.a.|
|CHF 8,000,000 – CHF 12,000,000||0.75% p.a.||1.00% p.a.|
|CHF 5,000,000 – CHF 8,000,000||0.95% p.a.||1.20% p.a.|
|CHF 1,500,000 – CHF 5,000,000||1.05% p.a.||1.30% p.a.|
|Value 200oz – CHF 1,500,000||1.25% p.a.||1.50% p.a.|
Or approximate equivalent in USD, EUR, GBP, CAD and AUD.
* The service fee will be adjusted downward according to the above table if the total account value reaches the next valuation level. This can occur due to price movement of the metals or additional funding. Annual charges are never adjusted upward due to downward price movement.
Trading spreads – Terms & Conditions – Vat
The Gold Bullion market operations for clients
Gold Bars & Coins: always priced at prime inter-dealer market level. GoldSwitzerland can offer all Swiss refined bars, including the 50, 250 and 500 gram, and the most actively sought after gold coins.
Client buys Gold
When buying physical Gold (including transport and insurance) the following conditions apply:
Paper Spot + standard 0.30% for 100 gram cast bars. (For amounts under 30 kilo a surcharge of 0.35% applies until further notice)
Paper Spot + standard 0.30% for 1 kg bars. (For amounts under 30 kilo a surcharge of 0.35% applies until further notice)
Paper Spot + standard 0.15% for 400 oz (12 kg) bars.
Client sells Gold
For selling and handling physical Gold the following conditions apply:
- Gold – Spot minus 0.5% with a minimum of CHF 350.
- Vault handling charges for outgoing physical metal can vary between 500 and 1,500 CHF depending on quantity. This includes the handling and release from the vault, customs clearance and re-issuing a new warehouse receipt to the client.
The Silver Bullion market operations for clients
Silver Bars & Coins: (always priced at prime inter-dealer market level). GoldSwitzerland typically only offers the 1,000oz (they can vary in weight from the low 900’soz to 1100oz) London Good delivery bars a they are best priced for wealth preservation purposes. However the 1,5, 10 and 15 kilo Silver bars can also be offered at a higher premium as well as the most sought after coins. Coins with a minimum quantity of USD50,000.
Client buys Silver
When buying physical Silver including transport and insurance the following condition apply:
Paper spot price plus 1.3% – 3.5% (from 1000oz bars to smaller weights)
The margin represents the cost of the refinery, funding stock in warehouse, vault release, transport and insurance from a foreign country.
Note: transactions can be concluded in USD, CHF, EUR, GBP, CAD or AUD.
Client sells Silver
For selling and handling physical metals the following conditions apply:
- Silver – Market conform minimum weight
- Silver – Spot minus approx. 1.0% depending on size.
- Vault charges are extra (between 450 and 1,500 CHF depending on quantity). This includes the handling and release from the vault, customs clearance and re-issuing a new warehouse receipt to the client.
Terms & Conditions:
- All stored metals are allocated and physically segregated in name of client
- Minimum account value at opening is 200 troy oz Gold or the equivalent of or combination with Silver or other metals
- Storage of all precious metals already owned by the client
- The minimum per vault location is 100 troy oz
- Gold can be purchased in 100gram(3.215oz), 1 kilo(32.148oz) and 400oz (variable weight) bars
- Payment and reporting in CHF, USD, EUR, GBP, CAD or AUD
- The fees are payable in advance. The first period is 6 months, thereafter the fee is payable every three months in advance
- High security storage cost of the precious metals
- Insurance of the precious metals at market value
- All administrative matters in connection with the buying and storage of the precious metals
- Membership of MAM’s 100% secure communication platform
- Early warning alerts and reports on the world economy and precious metals
- Secure on-line (24/7) reporting and monthly valuations of investor’s holdings
- Private Investment advice and consultation relating to your investment
An additional small charge is applied every time the vault position changes. This includes customs clearance, handling, moving into the bonded/domestic warehouse and issuing the Certificate of Ownership or Warehouse Receipt:
|Initial transaction value||Gold||Silver|
|under CHF 650,000||CHF 400||CHF 700|
|CHF 650,000 and over||CHF 600||CHF 1,000|
|Subsequent vault movements||CHF 300-500||CHF 300-600|
VAT (Value Added Tax)
There is No VAT payable on physical Silver as long as it is stored in the duty free zone at Zurich airport. Only when investors import the silver from the vaults into a European country, VAT is payable at the VAT rate of that country.
Swiss residents pay VAT at the local rate on all service fees.
opening value of around 200oz gold.
For investments starting at CHF 25,000 click here
to contact our associate goldbroker.com
Buy GOLD – Minimum investment 200 oz
USDollars, Swiss Francs, Euros, Pounds, Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars.
Investors benefit from GoldSwitzerland’s competitive wholesale interbank buying prices for physical Gold based on a minimum trading quantity of approximately 30 troy oz.
For amounts up to $5M in longer term storage we recommend the 100gr cast gold bars for their small size, easy carry and their nominal value for exchange of goods and services.
Our gold solution partner for smaller investors
Gold Bars typically traded in the wholesale market
Dimensions: 47mm x 24mm x 5mm
Dimensions: 45mm x 28mm x 4.5mm
Dimensions: 80mm x 40mm x 18mm
Dimensions: 200 x 80mm x 45mm
|Weight in ounces||Weight in grams||Fineness|
|100 gram gold bar (cast)||3.215||100||99.99%||Wealth preservation preferred|
|100 gram gold bar (mint)||3.215||100||99.99%||Minimum 1% premium (large orders only)|
|1 kilo bar gold||32.148||1,000||99.99%|
|400oz London Good Delivery||+/-400||12,500||99.5%+|
Example: 1 oz American Gold Eagle. GoldSwitzerland can offer the most widely traded coins. Purity from 90%-100%
|Weight in ounces||Weight in grams||Fineness||Price indication|
|1 oz American Gold Eagle||1||33.931||91.67%||Spot + 4.0%|
|1 oz Canadian Gold Maple Leaf||1||31.103||99.99%||Spot + 2.7%|
|1 oz South African AU Krugerrand||1||33.93||91.67%||Spot + 2.7%|
|1 oz Austrian Gold Philharmonic||1||31.103||99.99%||Spot + 2.7%|
|1 oz Australian Gold Kangaroo||1||31.10||99.99%||Spot + 2.7%|
|British Sovereign King||0.2354||7.32||91.67%||Day price|
|Swiss Vreneli 20 Franc||0.1867||5.81||90%||Spot + 3.5%|
Buy SILVER – Minimum investment 10,000 oz
USDollars, Swiss Francs, Euros, Pounds, Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars.
Transaction size is subject to physical silver availability.
Investors benefit from GoldSwitzerland’s competitive wholesale interbank buying prices for physical Silver based on a minimum quantity of approximately 7,000 troy oz.
For all Silver investments MAM recommends the purchase of 1,000oz London Good Delivery Silver Bullion bars (approximately 30 kilogram).
Stack of 1000oz (approx. 30kg) numbered London Good Delivery Silver bars
1 kilo silver bar by Umicore
15 kilo Silver bar by Umicore
Matterhorn / GoldSwitzerland does not normally trade silver coins for clients as the process for secure storage is very tedious, however clients seeking a minimum of USD50,000 in Silver coins can be serviced at the best current interdealer market terms.
Compliance and Administration
Overview from Account Application to Purchase or Transfer of PM
The process for buying/transferring/storing Precious Metals through GoldSwitzerland is simple but there are a few formalities which need to be completed in order to comply with Swiss law and Money Laundering regulations. This may require a statement of proof that the value allocated for storage and purchase of precious metals are declared for tax purposes if so required by law in your country of citizenship and/or residency.
More about the administrative process…
About the administrative process
- Apply for an account (provide personal information and documents securely. this process can be finished in a matter of days.)
- Transfer investment funds and provide purchase instructions via secure member platform
- We buy your Gold (highest grade bars only) at interbank market prices immediately upon receipt of funds or for wholesale amounts upon special instruction.
- You receive confirmations and reporting in one of the following preferred currencies:
USDollar, Swiss Franc, Euro, Sterling, Canadian Dollar and Australian Dollar
- Your Gold bars are immediately transferred to your own account at the Bullion vault in Zurich
- You receive the original Certificate of Ownership (Warehouse Receipt) for your Gold bars.
- You may view your transactions and stock valuation 24/7 via your private section of our database using secure login.
- All business communication, if possible for the client, will take place on our secure collaboration platform.
Selling Precious Metals – Transfer
- Sell – We will sell (part of) your stock for you as soon as we receive your instructions
- With the instruction the client must always authorise the vault operator via our secure platform using a special release form available to the client at all times
- Transfer – MAM can organise secure transport of any type of Precious Metals you already own from anywhere in the world; from a bank, from a bullion vault, from Comex or from the Perth Mint.
Secure Storage in Four Locations
Matterhorn Asset Management / GoldSwitzerland is the only company in the world offering vaulting in four locations with total control for the investor. Matterhorn’s unique programme gives investors direct access and control of allocated and segregated precious metals with two vaults in Switzerland (Zurich and the Swiss Alps), one in Singapore and one in Hong Kong.
Prior to setting up its Precious Metals Investment Programme in 2002, Matterhorn undertook thorough research on the best alternatives for storing precious metals.
More about storage…
Critical personal criteria for choice of storage:
- Vaults located in a politically safe and economically sound country
- Vault storage outside the banking system
- Vault storage away from any type of direct government control if possible
- Vault storage with a very high level of security
- Direct control and access to the metals for the investor
Diversification of risk
To diversify precious metals by geographic location is a matter of risk analysis and personal choice. This is why MAM offers four different locations each one with its unique characteristics. What all four locations have in common is that they meet our principal criteria for wealth preservation and safety.
Already back in 2002 we recommended investors to preserve their wealth by holding up to 50% of their financial assets in physical gold stored in private vaults outside the banking system.
The total minimum investment in gold we accept is approximately 200 ounces. The minimum per vault is 100 ounces of gold. In Switzerland clients can also buy and store silver.
Private storage in Switzerland
Switzerland is a stable and independent country and the oldest proper democracy in the world. The country has a long tradition of saving in gold and an excellent infrastructure. There are four major Swiss gold refiners that produce 60-70% of the world’s gold bars in the world.
In Switzerland we offer two locations: The highly secure private Zurich location offers investors easier access when visiting. The mountain location is currently operational for Sovereign wealth funds, Central banks, Investment funds and ultra high net worth individuals with a minimum investment value of about $5M.
Both vault locations are impossible to access without special permission and only after full compliance. The security aspects surrounding the chosen facilities meet with the latest very high insurance standards. The mountain facility has additional special security features like protection against nuclear and gas attack or earthquakes.
Our customers are offered a personalised service. The vaults can be visited, normally during business hours, for a personal inspection, or for an audit of the precious metals or other holdings.
Singapore is now one of the worlds foremost hubs and a major financial centre. This former British colony has developed into a model for free enterprise with a minimum of government regulation and interference. Traditionally, the Singapore dollar is pegged to the US Dollar. The Swiss owned Freeport storage location in Singapore is brand new with a direct secure entry to and from the airport customs area and served with the latest multi-level security technology including latest airport type scan and bodycheck systems. The Singapore storage facility offers an easy solution for diversification of precious metals storage to this region.
Hong Kong is the major hub for precious metals transport to mainland China. The facilities in Hong Kong are similar to those in Singapore and again will appeal to investors from that region as well as to international investors seeking further diversification.
Top of page
Images of Gold coinage sold by GoldSwitzerland
Account Application form
Please fill and send the (encrypted) form below. Immediately upon submit you will be guided through the process.