Buy GOLD – Minimum investment 200 oz
For amounts up to $5M in longer term storage we recommend the 100gr cast gold bars for their small size, easy carry and their nominal value for exchange of goods and services.
Our gold solution partner for smaller investors
Gold Bars typically traded in the wholesale market
100 gr (cast) 999.9 Gold = 3.215 oz Purity 99.99%
Dimensions: 47mm x 24mm x 5mm
100 gr (mint) 999.9 Gold = 3.215 oz Purity 99.99%
Dimensions: 45mm x 28mm x 4.5mm
1 kilo 999.9 Gold = 32.148 oz Purity 99.99%
Dimensions: 80mm x 40mm x 18mm
400oz London Good Delivery Purity 99.5%+
Dimensions: 200 x 80mm x 45mm
|Weight in ounces||Weight in grams||Fineness|
|100 gram gold bar (cast)||3.215||100||99.99%||Wealth preservation preferred|
|100 gram gold bar (mint)||3.215||100||99.99%||Minimum 1% premium (large orders only)|
|1 kilo bar gold||32.148||1,000||99.99%|
|400oz London Good Delivery||+/-400||12,500||99.5%+|
Example: 1 oz American Gold Eagle. GoldSwitzerland can offer the most widely traded coins. Purity from 90%-100%
|Weight in ounces||Weight in grams||Fineness||Price indication|
|1 oz American Gold Eagle||1||33.931||91.67%||Spot + 4.0%|
|1 oz Canadian Gold Maple Leaf||1||31.103||99.99%||Spot + 2.7%|
|1 oz South African AU Krugerrand||1||33.93||91.67%||Spot + 2.7%|
|1 oz Austrian Gold Philharmonic||1||31.103||99.99%||Spot + 2.7%|
|1 oz Australian Gold Kangaroo||1||31.10||99.99%||Spot + 2.7%|
|British Sovereign King||0.2354||7.32||91.67%||Day price|
|Swiss Vreneli 20 Franc||0.1867||5.81||90%||Spot + 3.5%|
Buy SILVER – Minimum investment 10,000 oz
For all Silver investments MAM recommends the purchase of 1,000oz London Good Delivery Silver Bullion bars (approximately 30 kilogram).
close Silver Bars
Stack of 1000oz (approx. 30kg) numbered London Good Delivery Silver bars
1 kilo silver bar by Umicore
15 kilo Silver bar by Umicore
close Silver Coins
Matterhorn / GoldSwitzerland does not normally trade silver coins for clients as the process for secure storage is very tedious, however clients seeking a minimum of USD50,000 in Silver coins can be serviced at the best current interdealer market terms.
- All stored metals are allocated and physically segregated in name of client
- Clients have total control over and private access to their stored metals
- Shipping and Storage of all precious metals already owned by the client
- Minimum account opening value is 200oz of gold or the equivalent value in other metals.
The minimum per vault location is 100 troy oz
- Gold can be purchased in 100gram(3.215oz), 1 kilo(32.148oz) and 400oz (variable weight) bars
- Silver and other precious metals can only be traded and stored in Zurich, Switzerland
- Executions and reporting in CHF, USD, EUR, GBP, CAD or AUD
- The fees are payable in advance. The first period is 6 months, thereafter the fee is payable every three months in advance
- High security storage cost of the precious metals
- Insurance of the precious metals at market value
- All administrative matters in connection with the buying and storage of the precious metals
- Membership of MAM’s 100% secure communication platform
- Early warning alerts and reports on the world economy and precious metals
- Secure on-line (24/7) reporting and monthly valuations of investor’s holdings
- Private consultation relating to your investment
Vault handling charges
An additional small charge is applied every time the vault position changes. This includes customs clearance, handling, moving into or out of the bonded/domestic warehouse and issuing a new Certificate of Ownership or Warehouse Receipt:
|Initial transaction value||Gold||Silver|
|under CHF 650,000||CHF 400||CHF 700|
|CHF 650,000 and over||CHF 600||CHF 1,000|
|Subsequent vault movements||CHF 300-500||CHF 300-600|
VAT (Value Added Tax)
There is No VAT payable on physical Silver as long as it is stored in the duty free zone at Zurich airport. Only when investors import the silver from the vaults into a European country, VAT is payable at the VAT rate of that country.
Swiss residents pay VAT at the local rate and only on service fees.
Note: Silver pricing 2016
Demand for Silver coins, hence demand for physical silver in general has caused backorders with refineries. As a result bonded warehouse silver, including 1000 oz bars, is more difficult to obtain and market premiums have increased. The Buy and Sell margins we now show on this page for silver bars reflect this increased demand for physical silver.
Gold Bars & Coins:
Priced at prime inter-dealer market level plus refinery and transport margin only. GoldSwitzerland can offer all Swiss refined bars with 99.99% purity, 400oz Good Delivery and the most actively sought after gold coins.
Silver Bars & Coins:
Priced at prime inter-dealer market level plus refinery and transport margin only. Best value pricing for the 1,000oz bars (London Good Delivery) with variable weight. 1kg, 5kg, 10kg and 15 kg Silver bars on request.
COMPLIANCE AND ADMINSTRATION
Overview from Account Application to Purchase or Transfer of PM
The process for buying/transferring/storing Precious Metals through GoldSwitzerland is simple but there are a few formalities which need to be completed in order to comply with Swiss law and Anti Money Laundering regulations. This may require a statement of proof that the value allocated for storage and purchase of precious metals are declared for tax purposes if so required by law in your country of citizenship and/or residency.
more About the administrative process…
close About the administrative process
- Apply for an account (provide personal information and documents securely. this process can be finished in a matter of days.)
- Transfer investment funds and provide purchase instructions via secure member platform
- We buy your Gold (highest grade bars only) at interbank market prices immediately upon receipt of funds or for wholesale amounts upon special instruction.
- You receive confirmations and reporting in one of the following preferred currencies:
USDollar, Swiss Franc, Euro, Sterling, Canadian Dollar and Australian Dollar
- Your Gold bars are immediately transferred to your own account at the Bullion vault in Zurich
- You receive the original Certificate of Ownership (Warehouse Receipt) for your Gold bars.
- You may view your transactions and stock valuation 24/7 via your private section of our database using secure login.
- All business communication, if possible for the client, will take place on our secure collaboration platform.
Selling Precious Metals – Transfer
- Sell – We will sell (part of) your stock for you as soon as we receive your instructions
- With the instruction the client must always authorise the vault operator via our secure platform using a special release form available to the client at all times
- Transfer – MAM can organise secure transport of any type of Precious Metals you already own from anywhere in the world; from a bank, from a bullion vault, from Comex or from the Perth Mint.