FAQ – GOLD Transactions
Frequently Asked Questions
- - Who can participate in the Gold / Silver Programme?
- - How is Gold Switzerland different from other companies offering investment in physical gold?
- - Is my gold / silver holding totally confidential?
- - Will I get physical gold / silver for the exact amount that I transfer?
- - Can I transfer physical gold / silver to your company that I already own?
- - Who controls my Gold / Silver?
- - Is the management fee deducted from the initial transfer of funds?
- - Where does Gold Switzerland buy its physical Bullion?
- - What price will I pay for my gold / silver?
- - When will you buy my gold / silver?
- - How is my management fee calculated?
- - What are the charges or fees?
- - Why are you not selling smaller quantities of Gold and Silver?
- - What happens if MAM/GoldSwitzerland, its parent or the bullion vault company go bankrupt after I have purchased my Gold / Silver?
- - How soon will the Bullion be in my name after you have purchased my metals?
- - Is my Bullion insured?
- - When is my Gold / Silver actually insured?
- - How is the Gold being transported to the vaults?
- - How often do I receive account statements and who sends those out?
- - What happens when I want to take delivery of my Gold / Silver or pick it up from the vault?
- - Do you sell Gold Coins
- - Can I inspect my Gold / Silver at the Bullion vaults?
- - Can I sell my Gold / Silver through GoldSwitzerland?
- Who can participate in the Gold / Silver Programme?
Private individuals, Companies, Trusts and Pension Funds
Private individuals include all citizens from most countries in the world. Only a few countries are not accepted or are at high risk.
The list of accepted countries can be seen HERE
- How is Gold Switzerland different from other companies offering investment in physical gold?
Your precious metals are truly unencumberd. Gold Switzerland offers superior security and personal service compared to most of these companies:
- With other companies, you get a share in one or many larger gold bars. Therefore it is not your own bar and you cannot visit the vault to inspect your own bars or take them out if you need them and even if you could
- These companies offer no personal investment advice or assistance
- We advice our investors on a personal basis (if needed) as we are part of an asset management company
- When you buy gold from GS you receive your own personal bars
- You receive a certificate of ownership with your specific serial numbers and Hallmark indicated on the certificate
- You can choose if you want to buy 100 gram, 500 gram, 1 kg or 12 kg bars
- You can visit the vaults and collect your property as required
- We will sell part or all of your bars for you whenever you want
- You have ongoing access to our assistance and market views
- Is my gold / silver holding totally confidential?
The client lists of MAM/GoldSwitzerland are totally confidential and digitally protected. No one outside the company and the respective vault company where clients store metal have access to any detail of our investors.
GoldSwitzerland is not required and does not report investors’ precious metals holdings to any authority in any country.
- Will I get physical gold / silver for the exact amount that I transfer?
We will buy Gold / Silver up to the nearest amount you have transferred after deduction of all fees. Any balance in your favour will normally be transferred to your bank account or can be applied as a forward fee payment at the request of the client.
- Can I transfer physical gold / silver to your company that I already own?
Yes you can. We can organize security transport from anywhere in the world; from a bank, from a bullion vault, from Comex or from the Perth Mint. Cost of transport is at arm's length and based on the more favourable terms from our primary transport providers Brinks or Loomis.
Physical metal that you hold at home cannot be picked by an armoured vehicle and must first be delivered to a business pick up address or delivered to a special depot of the Transport company..
- Who controls my Gold / Silver?
Matterhorn Asset Management / Goldswiitzerland is the only company in the world outside the banking system offering owners full legal and practical control (unencumbered) over the Gold / Silver they store with the vault company.
MAM acts in its client relationship as a full service and trusted intermediary.
MAM is regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Authority called FINMA.
As soon as a relationship is established with MAM metals will be stored in the name of the client who has an account with the vault company.
If something happens to MAM, the client has legal authority to operate directly with the vault company.
- Is the management fee deducted from the initial transfer of funds?
Yes it is. First time for 6 months, thereafter the client received an invoice every three months.
Clients are offered a possiblity to fix the fee payment for a longer period. This so called pre-payment will be held by MAM in the form of physical gold of which a very small pro-rata portion falls due as fee payment every day.
- Where does Gold Switzerland buy its physical Bullion?
With major international Bullion Banks specialised in Gold/Silver Bullion and typically the Swiss based and world's largest refiners. We only buy physical Gold/Silver from LBMA (London Bullion Market Association) members.
- What price will I pay for my gold / silver?
Your price will be at gold and silver spot (this is the trading price you see on your screen) plus a small margin for physical gold or silver covering refinery cost, secure transport between seller and buyer as well as transport insurance. The price on your screen is for minimum and maximum quantities of Gold and Silver as determined by the LBMA (The London Bullion Market Association). See also http://http://www.lbma.org.uk/. Smaller bars and quantities of physical metals will cost more, varying for Gold from just a few dollars for kilo and 100gr bars to up to percentages margin for even smaller quantities. GoldSwitzerland typically trades in 100gr and kilo bars of Gold and 30 kilo bars of Silver.
Some companies may charge a market price plus a trading margin at 3 times our annual management fee for a kilo of Gold.
A surcharge may apply at times of very tight physical supply.
- When will you buy my gold / silver?
- As per agreement as soon as practically possible upon receipt confirmation of your funds in our bank account. Our Banks send us an electronic payment advise as soon as funds are credited. For wealth preservation transactions we do not second-guess the market in order to try and improve on intraday timing of purchases or sales.
- How is my management fee calculated?
The initial fee is paid based on the exact value of the precious metals at the time of purchase. New clients will pay 6 months in advance and thereafter 3 monthly. Subsequent fees are calculated based on a gold, silver, and currency price taken at the time of the 15:00 UK gold benchmark on the day of rollover or the last available benchmark day. . Pre-Payments for longer periods are possible and based on the price of gold on the day of the pre-payment transfer.
- What are the charges or fees?
Our charges depend on the size of the contract.
For full information please click here
- Why are you not selling smaller quantities of Gold and Silver?
Matterhorn Asset Management is an investment management and precious metals service provider, not a dealer.
For smaller amounts with a near similar secure profile we recommend GoldBroker.com.
- What happens if MAM/GoldSwitzerland, its parent or the bullion vault company go bankrupt after I have purchased my Gold / Silver?
You have no counterparty risk towards MAM. The Gold is your personal Gold and therefore failure of our company or associated companies does not affect your gold ownership.
- How soon will the Bullion be in my name after you have purchased my metals?
The Gold is in registered in your name as soon as the vault company has received it from the bullion bank. This normally takes 2 or 3 business days (or value days) from the time of purchase. Delivery of Silver Bullion can take up to 10 days if stock levels are low. The reason is all Silver is lifted from LBMA stock around the world, insured and transported to Zurich. A Warehouse Receipt in your name will be issued within one business day of having received your Gold or Silver. This is a non-bearer document which is your certificate of ownership, The unique serial number of each bar as well as the Hallmark is indicated on the Warehouse Receipt.
- Is my Bullion insured?
Your Gold Bullion is insured by a major international insurance company at market value.
- When is my Gold / Silver actually insured?
At the time of purchase.
- How is the Gold being transported to the vaults?
Via armored security transport.
- How often do I receive account statements and who sends those out?
Matterhorn Asset Management operates a secure database on it's private servers in Switzerland.
Each client receives a login with 24/7 access to the client portal. Each client also had its own private database on the portal to further enhance security of other clients. The client portal offers the following permanent information:
Overview of precious metals holding by product
Daily account valuation
History of Monthly account valuations
Timeline of payments and transactions
View and print transaction confirmations
- What happens when I want to take delivery of my Gold / Silver or pick it up from the vault?
We can organise physical delivery via security transport worldwide to a destination of your choice.
You can also pick up your gold in person during office hours with a pre-arranged appointment.
There is a handling charge by the Vault administrator for inspection and pickup of (part of) your stock.
- Do you sell Gold Coins
Yes, Goldswitzerland offers the most popular Gold Coins in larger quantities only. However...
Gold coins can carry a premium over the spot gold price of 3% to as much as 10% compared to our very low premium on bars of just 0.3% over the spot price. (see https://goldswitzerland.com/gold-silver-products/).
During the credit crunch/banking crisis in the USA in the Fall of 2008 bullion coin premiums
went as high as 10% to 17%+ over the spot price.
Bullion Bars generally tend to maintain a very small premium over the spot price.
- Can I inspect my Gold / Silver at the Bullion vaults?
Yes you can during office hours with prior notice.
Your personal numbered gold bars will be taken to a private showroom within the vaults for inspection. For security reasons you cannot visit the actual vault where your gold is stored.
An inspection fee of a few hundred CHF will be charged for this extra service..
- Can I sell my Gold / Silver through GoldSwitzerland?
Yes, we can sell your gold for you at spot price less the small margin as published on our Pricing and Fees information page.