This interview starts by Lynette reminding her audience of Egon’s view that financial and economic risk in the world was getting uncomfortably high already 20 years ago. He recommended as early as 2002 for people to hold 25 – 50% of investable assets in gold, when the price was $300. It’s $1725 now, and this is only the beginning.
Some talking points in this interview:
- Gold refineries in the world that have closed down due to coronavirus are starting to work at a quarter capacity. This means that it is very difficult to get hold of gold, even at the very low prices going around now. However, Matterhorn Asset Management can still buy gold at a fair price.
- Gold futures market and whether it will continue as is, or fail
- How the futures market will influence physical gold market
- What is going to happen with the silver market
- Egon’s long standing view is that the gold will go to $10.000
- Why you shouldn’t look at gold through USD or EUR price, but only measure it in ounces and grams
- Why we shouldn’t compare the current situation with Japan
- Gold to US Money supply ratio
- Why we buy gold? Is it because we love it or is it something else?
- What’s going to happen with the 99% of the people investing in stock markets?
Egon von Greyerz
Founder and Managing Partner
Matterhorn Asset Management
Phone: +41 44 213 62 45
Matterhorn Asset Management’s global client base strategically stores an important part of their wealth in Switzerland in physical gold and silver outside the banking system. Matterhorn Asset Management is pleased to deliver a unique and exceptional service to our highly esteemed wealth preservation clientele in over 70 countries.
Articles may be republished if full credits are given with a link to GoldSwitzerland.com.