In this brief yet critically important discussion, Matterhorn Asset Management (MAM) principals, Egon von Greyerz and Matthew Piepenburg, offer needed context on the failing financial system while addressing the role and Swiss storage jurisdiction of precious metals.
As global financial systems fail, cornered policy makers and openly politicized media platforms are historically skilled at hiding their failures behind an intentional omission of context and objective facts.
Piepenburg discusses this deliberate (and dangerous) omission of context in six broad yet openly obvious “tricks” currently in use, namely:
- Fudging the Math–from CPI “data” to unemployment statistics;
- Redefining the Facts—as evidenced by the redefining of a “recession” in 2022;
- Omitting the Obvious—by downplaying fatal debt levels to the back rather than front page;
- Desperate Attention on “Good News” While Ignoring the Bad—by boasting of billion-dollar “reductions” in the Fed balance sheet or M2 money supply but ignoring the multi-trillion-dollar expansion of both supply metrics in prior years;
- Absence of Open Debate/Alternative Views—by showcasing the “warm and fuzzy” but ignoring the hidden facts on everything from the war in the Ukraine to the dark side of CBDC;
- Fear & War as Political Tools—by deliberately distracting the masses from fatal (and self-inflicted) debt, inflation, market and currency risks while placing the blame on an Eastern “bad guy,” viruses or global warming.
Turning next to the cycles of financial, military and wealth destruction, von Greyerz offers further context as to what these era-shifting environments mean not only for the role of precious metals, but also for determining the safest jurisdictions to hold them.
As von Greyerz observes, there is no perfect jurisdiction immune to growing military, financial and currency risks. Instead, professional wealth managers must be constantly vigilant as to the superior jurisdictions as measured by history, political stability, rule of law, crime rates, privacy rights and asset protection/non-confiscation laws.
Although MAM has the expertise and logistical infrastructure to store client metals nearly anywhere in the world, the objective conclusion that Switzerland’s profile remains superior to alternative jurisdictions in discussed with plain-speak perspective to help investors navigate these admittedly difficult times.
Founder and Managing Partner
Matterhorn Asset Management
Phone: +41 44 213 62 45
Matterhorn Asset Management’s global client base strategically stores an important part of their wealth in Switzerland in physical gold and silver outside the banking system. Matterhorn Asset Management is pleased to deliver a unique and exceptional service to our highly esteemed wealth preservation clientele in over 80 countries.
Articles may be republished if full credits are given with a link to GoldSwitzerland.com.