Gold is the ultimate form of wealth preservation. Throughout history gold is the only currency that has survived in its original form. All paper money systems in history have been printed away until the money becomes worthless.
Already in 1729 Voltaire had said: “Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value – ZERO”
True Wealth Preservation Principles for owning gold
- Each gold bar is owned directly by the investor
- The investor receives a certificate of ownership with the unique serial numbers of his gold bars
- The gold is stored in specialised bullion vaults outside the banking system.
- The investor has personal access to his gold
- The investor can physically withdraw all or part of his gold during office hours
- The investor can send a representative (e.g. accountant) to inspect the gold
- The gold is insured by a major international insurer
- Highly secure storage service by private Swiss, HK and Singapore independent and fully qualified vault operators
- Exchange Traded Funds – A gold ETF is more of a trading tool which mirrors the price of the underlying asset. Not all Gold ETF’s are fully backed by the metal
- Futures, Unallocated Gold – A 100% derivative of the physical metal and used for speculative or short term hedging purposes
- Bank allocated Gold – Allocated gold in a bank means that, on paper, specific bars belong to you only as long as the bank has adequate stock. You have no immediate access to your gold
- Bank Safe Deposit Box – You are holding metals outside the Good Delivery chain which makes selling and insurance costly. In case of a longer bank holiday you will not have access
- Storing gold at home – If sizeable this is a high risk solution and very difficult to move, insure or sell
- Part or Mutual ownership – Owning a share in a bar does not give you full control and access in case of an emergency.
Virtually Risk Free
Although there is clearly no absolutely risk free method for buying and storing gold, GoldSwitzerland has created a system which surpasses virtually any other method and offers wealth preservation at the highest level.
GoldSwitzerland offers unique safety by enabling investors to purchase and store gold/silver bars in private non-bank bullion vaults in Zurich with personal access to their precious metals. Read more…
Matterhorn Asset Management and its gold division GoldSwitzerland are part of the biggest independent asset management group in Switzerland, the Aquila Group with over Swiss Francs 5 billion under management. Read more…